UNAIDS is an innovative United Nations partnership that leads and inspires the world in achieving universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
UNAIDS' Cosponsors include UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank.
Visit the matchUNAIDS Web site at www.unaids.org
Vacancy No.: UNAIDS/17/ISHIP1
Title: Internship with UNAIDS
Contract type: Internship
Duration of contract: 6 weeks to 6 Months, it depends on the need of the Office.
Date: 4 April 2017
Application Deadline: 31 March 2018 (319 day(s) until closing deadline) Internships
Organization unit: AI UNAIDS Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (AI)
Duty station: Multiple Duty Stations various
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations—UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank—and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more at unaids.org
Main tasks and Responsibilities :
To be provided by the respective Supervisor and reflected in the Terms of Reference for the internship.
Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be engaged in a course of post-secondary studies leading to a formal qualification in an approved university programme at the under-graduate or post-graduate level
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
The duration of internships is limited to a minimum of six weeks and a maximum of six months. No remuneration of any kind is offered, nor are any travel or subsistence expenses covered. Interns must provide proof of adequate health insurance; UNAIDS will provide accident insurance coverage only. Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat are not eligible for internships.